banner

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Explaining This Thing That I Cannot Explain

I have been in love before. Of that I have no doubt.

I loved Brad. I certainly loved my family. Without question I love my daughter.

But Jeff...

Wow.

How many tears have I shed? How many broken hearts because of him? How long have I waited?

And for what?

It's not for those moments of intensity - the successes in our business when we jump together and shriek and laugh. It's not for the way those beautiful eyes can make my spine dissolve. And it is not for the slow, deep kisses.

It's something else.

It's for those unremarkable, quiet times when we're just together watching tv or sitting on a couch. It's for that "click" I feel in every synapse that tells me everything has just fallen into perfect place.

I do not know what our future holds. I do not know if we'll make it work forever (though I can hope)...

I do know he is the great love of my life.

I know he always will be.

Even if I do not know why.

No comments: