banner

Friday, April 6, 2007

Hanging

I know I haven't posted much lately. I haven't been feeling well. I'm dealing with it.

I'm feeling sick and run-down and exhausted. I'm also feeling alone. Jeff invited me over to talk and I bsaically wrote him back and told him I was no less alone with him then without him and declined. At least I seem to have learned something. Using Jeff as a band-aid so I don't feel lonely is a very temporary solution that usually does more harm than good.

Money is very, very tight right now with the move so recent and I'm trying hard to keep my budget tight. Easter's going to take a chunk but...what can you do?

Brad's spending less time with Taylor now. He had her stay home alone when I worked Wednesday night and it went fine. I'm in a gated community - with that handy burglar alarm system - and she is mature enough to handle it. I think he's relieved because he really has been practically babysitting non-stop and I understand that. The downside is that Taylor is wondering why she's not with Dad. She was hoping to see him but he's been evasive about it. At this point he won't see her until Easter Sunday evening because his parents have dinner.

It's fine with me. It's not as if I have plans and need a babysitter. I don't mind her being here. But I think it's bothering her.

3 comments:

Anonypus said...

OMG!

Awesome job with what you told Jeff - you are healing (I think)

Drama Queen Christine said...

Maybe just getting a little smarter...? Who knows. The truth is that it was easy this time to say no, but if he pressed me or tried harder I think I'd cave there.

Fortunately, Jeff's ego should be such that my simple 'no, thanks' will be enough to deter him.

Otherwise, I'm in trouble. I am capable of saying "no" once...maybe twice. But if he tried harder I would cave entirely.

A small amount of strength has been gained in any case.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that the move is hard on Taylor. She probably was getting pretty used to seeing her dad all of the time. He has helped out a lot, and could probably use a break. Hopefully, he'll continue to spend a lot of time with her.

That's great news to hear that you were able to resist Jeff. I know he won't go away and leave you alone; but it's still a great start to the new era.

Enjoy Easter in your new place!