banner

Monday, June 4, 2007

Silly Girl

If you walk the tightrope long enough, you're bound to fall at some point. If you're very lucky, you have a net.

I think I fell. I'm lying here motionless, afraid to move - afraid to find out whats been broken this time. I know I hurt, I'm just afraid to stop long enough to ask myself how badly and whether or not I can get back on the rope or if I need to call it quits.

More on that later.

My drama level went to red last night and was at a shockingly high level that even I was amazed by. the fact that I survived is astonishing.

I was almost off work. Brad was at my house, dropping Taylor off and hanging out. Chris was flirting with me again. Jeff was on his way to my house to have dinner with me. Steve - the husband of my FORMER best friend Mindy showed up at my work (after no communication for over a year) and said he had left his wife and needed a place to sleep. Now, take into account this - all 3 men don't like each other. Jeff and Steve hate each other. Brad and Jeff hate each other. Steve and Brad get on okay, but Brad spends a lot of time with Steve's wife Mindy.

Oy...wow.

More on how I managed this night later. I spent a whole day sulking and now I have to get ready for work. Suffice it to say I got almost no sleep, but did manage to pacify everyone.

Except maybe myself.

Myself, I find myself falling off that tightrope.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh well, thank the lord you managed to pacify poor precious Jeff. That's what really matters, after all.
And how nice for Taylor that it seems she not only likely witnessed everything, but got to see good old Jeffy, the man she hates, and who she probably thinks her mother values more than her.

Drama Queen Christine said...

I love when a commenter assumes they know more about a situation than they really do and then boldly posts anonymously.

Taylor has never seen Jeff. Not once since we left. And she never will. Period. As a matter of fact, I don't ever plan to introduce a new man into her life until she is much older or after she's gone to college.

My daughter continues to come first...and always will. Everything - and I do mean EVERYTHING else comes after her.

Since we're drawing distant conclusions about each other - should I tell you mine of you?

Anonymous said...

The comment that Brad was dropping Taylor OFF at the same time that Jeff was headed to your house for a dinner date suggests they would have met. How could she not realise about him when they're scheduled to be in the same place at the same time?

But if you have managed to keep your continued contact with him a secret from her, that's good - though based on the time you apparently spend with him, I'm surprised she doesn't suspect. Where is Taylor for all of these non-working times you write about?

And what happened to Jeff moving far far away?

Go ahead, draw conclusions. It won't change the fact that you're a fool to keep things up with a man you know is psychotic and dangerous. How many times must repeating the same mistake bite you in the ass?

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'm a different anon than in the June 2 comments. I have no blog, so no meaningful web ID. I'll start using this handle, just for you!