banner

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

We Can't Go On Together (With Suspicious Minds)

I think it's all too much.

I believe Jeff and I are soul mates, just as I believe our chance to be happy together was ruined.

I can't trust him. I have tried so hard and even though I can say that I am "so-so" on my program right now, I just can not trust him.

He puts nothing into this relationship and I'm foolish to believe that will ever change. Because isn't that what this is? Me sitting around waiting for him to change?

It does not work.

If he had an emotional investment in this relationship, I might be able to start feeling a bit more trusting. If he earned back my trust, I might be able to trust him again. But without either of those factors - it's this vicious cycle of me feeling strung along.

I feel suspicious and jealous all the time - and that's not how I want to feel. I want to relax with and without him and feel secure. There is zero security in this relationship.

I won't officially end it just yet, but I am going to start the process of emotionally detaching. There's no point sitting around caring so deeply for someone who doesn't return the feelings.

I've wasted so much time on someone so unworthy. This is not a healthy relationship and I can not single handedly change that.

4 comments:

Skater said...

Hope you're doing ok!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

It always worries me when I don't see an updated post - hope things are ok in your world! Thinking about you.
Mandy

Anonymous said...

CKF things haven't changed in your feelings about this relationship in at least a year and a half. Do you really think they ever will or are you wishful thinking?

fo4

Anonymous said...

Ok, I've past worried and am closing in on panicked. You are in my thoughts - and I hope you are ok.
Mandy