banner

Sunday, March 4, 2007

The Lunar Eclipse Incident

My day off yesterday was a busy and eventful one. I packed Taylor's old room at the old house and got it pretty much all done. Now I can move on the the next room. Taylor was at a birthday party for a friend and when I picked her back up we headed to the beach to try to watch the lunar eclipse.

It was too cloudy to be amazing, but we had ice cream and some fun and it was relaxing. We stayed until dark and I just relaxed on the sand while she played.





A couple of college boys near me got obnoxious and I straightened them right out. They got drunk and were being rude and began to expose themselves to me and dare each other to pee on the beach. Mine wasn't the only child around, but other people seemed afraid to deal with it.

Not me.

I sent Taylor to the showers to wash off the sand and I stomped up to them. Hands on my hips I was a foot shorter than the 3 of them and took my 'Mean Mom" tone to full force. I told them this was rude and unacceptable. They all hung their heads and looked meek and apologized but when I walked away again, they got rude and made a comment to me about being a bitch or something. I whipped out my cell phone and said "I'm done, you can talk to the police about exposing yourself to children".

They weren't sure what to do. They were obviously scared but didn't want to run either. They watched me for a bit, then I walked to the street with Taylor. They showed up a minute later and watched me again. Then they crossed the street into Beach Place - a huge complex of bars, restaurants and shops - and watched me again from the steps. Then they disappeared as the cops arrived.

I told the police what happened and gave descriptions. Then I headed out to leave through Beach Place (where I had parked) and as I left, I spotted the trio of troublemakers. I doubled back, grabbed the cop and pointed them out.

As we left, we saw the three being dragged outside for a chat.

I had another email from Jeff last night. He's depressed and stressed.

On the other hand - I feel great. I have an absolute clarity on who and what I am and I'm proud of myself. I'm strong and I'm a fighter and I'm a survivor. I make my own rules and I go after what I want. I've worked with walking pneumonia, driven across 4 states alone and changed my life. The next time I let anyone into my life it will be as a luxury because I have learned to count on myself.

And that's exactly how I want it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of these days I'll probably get a beat down but I always make people like that leave. California Girl thinks I'm crazy for being so confrontational; but I don't deal well with people who do things that they shouldn't and get away with it by intimidating everyone else.