banner

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Warp Speed ENGAGE!!!

Man...

I need to engage my warp speed. Or clone myself.

I have 5 billion things to do at one time and I am trying like hell to keep it all in line.

I move this weekend. Tonight will officially be my last night in this house.

You don't even know...you can't even imagine...

After 4 months of sharing a tiny, cramped, messy room with my daughter - of inhaling dust, dirt and 3-packs a day of smoke - after doing my laundry in a tiny 1 hour time slot during the day, after not cooking for 4 months, after rushed showers in a leaking bathroom, after sleeping on a cot, after being confined in this space ---

My own place.

Mine.

There aren't words.

I half expect to hear angels sing when I turn that key in the lock the first time. I expect a ray of light to shoot from the heavens and illuminate me as I cross MY threshold.

I'm beyond exhausted. I've worked all day, all night and then packed after. I'm averaging 4 hours of sleep. My body is sore.

But it's worth it...

I want to know how it's going to feel. I want to know if I will be happier. I want to know if I will feel better.

1 comment:

Anonypus said...

I bet you are going to feel MUCH better, hun. Living like you and Taylor have been in those conditions - just to be able to sit in your own space! I'm very excited for ya!

Chel