banner

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Shoo!

"Go play with someone your own age," I told him when he flirted heavily with me again at work.

He's 22. He has bedroom eyes, a bad-boy personna and he can make me blush faster than anyone I know. If he were 8 years older I'd have an eye on this one.

"I like older women," he told me.

I shot him a middle finger.

Later when I was lugging empty boxes out of the restaurant he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm moving this weekend," I reminded him.

"Ooooh, right. Right by me, aren't you?"

He's right. He'll be around the corner from me. His parents own a small mansion in a community next to mine.

"Maybe I'll come by sometime?" he said.

"Sure, my daughter has PlayStation," I shot back as I left.

Twenty-two. I know there are those who think a 'boy toy' is just what I need, but I can't be that person. I'm not interested in casual sex, I'm not interested in someone so much younger and I'm not going to play with this co-worker because that never ends well. A boy who still turns pale at the idea of children - while I am a single mom. A boy who still lives with his parents. A boy.

It's a shame because he's really yummy, but I'm going to pass.

I'm exhausted now. I went to the Weston house to pack my kitchen last night after work. Jeff wasn't there. I packed several boxes before I noticed I was practically asleep on my feet, so I headed back home and crashed. I have to do it again tonight.

I really hope this move happens. Money is SO tight.

I keep wondering - will I be happier when I move? What if I get there and I am still so miserable? What then?

3 comments:

perdido said...

Don't think that way - think positive thoughts. It's going to be great - space and no smoking!!!

I really am glad you were able to say no to the boy toy - def something you don't need right now

Anonymous said...

There are plenty of 30-something boy toys around if you know where to look. Unfortunately, by then they don't have quite the same aura about them. They just seem selfish and self absorbed. You need a "real" man who will treat you like the lady you are. He is out there somewhere. He could even be one of your neighbors at the new place.

Anonypus said...

My guy is 9 years younger than me...sometimes you can really, really tell LOL