banner

Monday, March 5, 2007

The Night Sucked

Well, I'm discouraged. My night sucked...

I apparently miscounted change and ended up losing money. Which means I came up $43 short. It just pisses me off. I'll have to pick up a shift to cover it. What really annoys me is that I know exactly which table it was that did it and remember them counting their change puzzled and I asked if the change was right. They knew they'd gotten me and they just took it. Bastards.

There's a guy at work I've been practicing my flirting on. Partially because he's my age and 'safe' and partially because it's fun to confuse him. I've been subtle. A look here. A comment or a joke there. I've seen him bewildered by it and enjoyed the exercise. Tonight he let me know he'd gotten the message. He commented that he had heard I went out with the "motley crew" the other night. He was actually supposed to be there and was a no show. I teased him back, "Is that why you didn't show?" and he answered me dead seriously "No, but I knew what would have happened".

Whoa...

Since I wasn't actually planning to screw him, that shut me up. Nicely done.

He also dropped a more subtle hint. He works at two different places that Brad services and he knows Brad. He once commented that Brad and I shouldn't divorce because we were both so nice. He also seems to enjoy referring to Brad as "my boyfriend". He made the boyfriend comment tonight and I jumped down his throat for it and told him I didn't have a boyfriend and I didn't really need him reminding me of the fact with his little witty remarks. I think the message he was trying to convey was that he has a healthy fear/respect for Brad and doesn't want to mess with me. Fair enough.

So, that game's done for me. Too bad, I was enjoying learning to flirt again and he was the only viable candidate.

Everyone else is too young or involved or gross, so I'm out of flirty practice partners.

So, basically I end my night annoyed at best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand how people can steal from people that they see all of the time. I'm sure they'll be back in your restaurant again some day. I buy almost everything with cash (it helps me budget) and I always correct people when they make a mistake. Sometimes, if the mistake was big enough, I'll get a freebie.

Taylor is not yet eleven so you'll be associated with Brad for at least the next seven years. Since its not a clean break, people who know both of you are going to be naturally wary. Brad doesn't seem the sort to go postal but we read about the carnage of jealous ex-husbands/boyfriends every day.