banner

Thursday, May 31, 2007

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

That sound you hear is me backing up...

A text message, IM, email and phone call all received from Jeff got me to spend time with him last night. It was fun but today it has me thinking...

Time to back up. Back off. Slow down.

Having seen him now 3 times in the span of 1 week is too much. Too close.

While it's not that I don't want to see him, it IS that I need to slow that down. That's too much like dating for me without the love.

I was talking to my friend Jess who has a somewhat similar situation in her life and told her that I envied her. The difference with her is that she is trying to get back together. She has hope for a future. There is no hope for a future here.

3 times in 1 week isn't fun and games. It's not even an occasional distraction. It's an invasion.

I will say that all 3 times was Jeff's initiating the fun and that's unusual so it's probably why I was so willing to play - but it's just too much togetherness for me.

So...backing off.

Tonight is my Boyz-R-Stoopid party. (Yes, us girls know we can be stoopid too...) A lot of women feeling like I feel in varying situations coming together for a little group release. Jeff swears he is crashing the party and I repeatedly warned him that I refuse to be responsible for his safety if he tries.

Tonight should be a bit therapeutic. My circle of friends and I all helping each other through our dramas with laughter, comfort foods, chick flicks and gossip.

I'm on Jeff-hiatus for the time being. 3 times is just crossing a line from fun and friendly to ... I don't know what...

And how do I move on and find new toys (I mean boys!) if all my free time is spent with Jeff?

Yep. Hiatus. Starts now.

No comments: