banner

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Party Like a Rock Star

It's been a long time.

It's been a long, long time since I spent a night with friends - minus romantic bullshit - and had a blast.

It's been a long, long, long time since I danced on a stage all night in front of a crowd. Since I danced with men I didn't know. Since I laughed just to laugh. Since I let my inner wild child loose and just lived every moment the way that I felt like.

I am my own. Once again, I finally belong to myself and no one else. I am not "Jeff's girl" or "Brad's girl" - I am just me and I am happy with that.

I dress cute and people notice. I dance and people dance with me. I sit home, after sleeping late on a Sunday afternoon with music blaring and a light heart.

I really do feel like I am coming back to life.

No comments: