banner

Monday, May 21, 2007

Showtime, Synergy!

Super props to anyone who gets the title (without googling it!). Also, if you did "get" the title without googling it than my guess is that you are (1) a girl and (2) not far from my age and (3) just a bit of a nerd, really - because who remembers this crap after 20 years?

I was asked out again last night and had to decline. I explained patiently to John than my alter ego "rock star" couldn't come out to play because my primary ego "mom" had to go home and - well, be a mom.

I'm going to have to explain that again later today to Jess. I got a 2:30 am text message "Thursday Night, Hard Rock. Make it happen". I laughed and went to bed pleased that my friends were wanting to spend time with me but a little sad that I have to be the old hag and decline. Even if my daughter was not an issue - I have to sleep to get up for my 7:00 am morning and if last week was any indication then sleep would not come until very, very early the next day.

I think I have a party to attend this weekend, so all is not lost.

Wasn't it just last week that I had no social life?

I had a bit of a bad night last night at work - started out wonderful and fun but somewhere along the way I got annoyed and frustrated and it just snowballed on me. It was slow and I made no money, but just busy enough to make me work hard to earn NO money. Closing up took forever and I was irritable.

Chris worked and flirted just a bit but we were both somewhat busy.

It was a hard night and towards the end I had a craving. I needed to just sit beside someone with my head on their shoulder for a minute. I almost asked a couple of my male co-workers to let me lean on them for a minute, but in the end pride prevailed and I did without.

I never heard back from The Cop after the mysterious exchange yesterday. I'm not really thrilled about that and I hope he can clear it up. I have this feeling that he likes me but doesn't know how to approach me...and is botching it all beyond hope. Which is fine, I'm not interested at this point anyway, but I also would prefer not to think a cop is stalking me with his mysterious games...

I continue to be happy on my own and every day I feel like I am more and more over the past. I definitely enjoy this NO CONTACT period and I hope I can keep it going...

I am feeling truly outrageous these days and it may be time to put my Jerrica aside and release my Jem. If I could just find my star-shaped earrings...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get the title and I'm probably old enough. Enjoy your social life; Evan if its hard the next day. There will come a time in the distant future when you won't be able to go out and you don't want to have any regrets.