banner

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's My Life (Don't You Forget)

yspaceLife continues.

I worked last night and although it was VERY slow, I managed to earn $5 more than my goal and just enough to cover my urgent bills. As of today I am only behind on ONE bill and I will have that bill paid on Friday.

I still love working at the restaurant. I'm not sure I can ever explain it. I just feel...happier there.

The Cop contacted me yesterday and we had a lengthy IM exchange. I am considering giving him a 2nd chance. We'll see. I'm not sure if it's him or me. Maybe I just can't feel anything? I thought about it and realized that the last guy (post Jeff) that I was even REMOTELY attracted to was Mark and it took Mark a month of phone calls and IM's and a 3rd date before I started feeling happy to see him.

Apparently it takes a lot of effort to get past my force fields and walls and get me to relax enough to even decide if I like you.

I realized this is true across the board...I also am JUST NOW beginning to socialize outside of work with some of my female co-workers...after 6 months. It's taken them 6 months to get me to warm up to them.

Yeah. I think it's me.

Jeff was the master of walls. He had walls within walls built on top of more walls. He thinks he did me a favor by giving me walls that I never had before.

I think he can shove his "favor" right up his ass.

I didn't respond to his email yesterday. I have no intention of communicating with him. I did have to laugh that he wrote back at all. How do you take an email where I basically tell him I am letting go and "good bye" and then write back with a lengthy and detailed summary of his life at the moment?

I'm semi-proud that I finally stood up and told my heart "enough". My head is running the show now. The dream where we got back together is what freaked me out. All this time I have been wishing and praying to have him back and when the dream hit - I just snapped. My head won't allow it.

He's right. You're right. Head's right. He's not good for me. I started to list why and realized there's no need to be nasty...I don't feel nasty towards him. I will always love him but I will NEVER be with him again.

Moving on (this time I hope I really am)

I work again tonight and hallelujah for that. I have $5 in my purse and I'm out of gas. My gas-guzzling Ex-Mobile will get about a gallon and a half out of that. JUST enough to get Taylor from school and get TO work. If my budget is correct, I should manage to earn another $50 tonight and that will sustain me for the week.

I'm doing ok. I feel stronger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The reason he takes a goodbye email and then responds with a detailed one of his life is because all he truly considers is himself. He doesn't consider anyone beyond his own needs for them. Everyone exists to serve some purpose for him. He is truly an antisocial person - not the antisocial that doesn't like to interact with others, but the antisocial that believes others exist merely to serve their needs.

Mandy