banner

Friday, May 11, 2007

Shameless Begging

I'm feeling down today. (big surprise)

Yesterday, Taylor presented me with an interim report she'd hid from me for 3 days that showed her grades dropping from B's to C's. I spoke to her teacher and if she ACES (100%) the rest of the tests in the next two weeks - she might make B's.

I called Brad to ask him to help Taylor study that night since I had to work and he told me he had plans.

Brad was always the best dad ever but lately I feel like he's more interested in being "good time dad". He's not here when she's sick or crabby or in trouble. He doesn't help her with school. He doesn't take her to the doctors. He doesn't do her laundry or cook her meals or any of the things a parent has to do - and I feel overwhelmed with 2 jobs, being a single mom and being depressed. I had thought we were 50/50 on the parenting issues but I now know better.

The last test Taylor failed - I asked him repeatedly to help her study for it. Instead, he took her out to dinner and brought her home at bedtime. She never studied and got an F. It's part of the reason her grade dropped.

When I ask her to do chores, I also ask him to see that she does them. Same deal He doesn't.

Mother's Day is Sunday and I have to work at 3:30 pm. Brad said I can come pick her up - (Great! I get to make an hour roundtrip drive during the few hours I DON'T work!) so I can bring her home to do nothing...because I am broke and killing myself to pay bills. Most mom's get taken out to lunch or shown appreciation in some small way. I get sent to work and my ex doesn't really care very much if I feel appreciated for raising OUR daughter or not. Moreso, I get to go work for 10+ hours on my feet serving other families who are taking "mom" out to show her how special she is to them. Every table is going to really sting.

I feel like I bust my ass to work to provide for my child and I and I have ZERO support from anyone in my life. And on the one day where mothers are honored and celebrated - I get told to pretty much expect nothing. I'm lucky I get to see my daughter at all. If I want a lunch or a treat it's up to me to cook it or buy it - and unfortunately I don't have the luxury of spending money on myself when bills are due. I have no help, no "thanks"...just like Christmas, my birthday, Valentine's Day, Easter and the rest - this is another holiday I get excluded from. Left out. Forgotten.

So - I am asking YOU for help. (Actually, I am begging)

There's a website I've been toying with that I like called NetWinner. It's like a free online lottery. You click 5 numbers and click "WIN" and if you hit any numbers you earn points that can be redeemed for gift certificates. If you hit ALL numbers you could win huge prizes in cash or points.

You also earn by referring people.

It's free and spam free. When you are playing (as much as you like!) you see ads on the right side of the screen. Nothing to install - just a website.

I've won several points. I'd really like to earn a few gift certificates to buy some household items or maybe even treat myself to something small...like clothes that fit me. Clothes that fit my daughter.

I get 500 points for everyone who signs up. If they play - I also get 10% of whatever they win.

It's 25,000 points for a $25 gift card.

Would you do this for me? Would you spread the word? If you join under me and then other people join under YOU - we both earn points.

I'm shameless, I admit it. I'm begging. I just feel completely alone, depressed, unappreciated and I work 24-7 with no social life...I'd really like to find something small to brighten my day...

Click here to join if you're feeling warm hearted today. And if you do - you have my deepest thanks. It costs you nothing at all, but could really go towards making my day...and I really need something to smile about.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been divorced now for about 8 years and once we were separated, the cards, gifts and etc all stopped on holidays or birthdays. On the other side, the ex got pissy if I didn't help the kids pick out things for HIM on the holidays. I refused because I figured if I was to spend money on him for those days, he damn well better be spending some dough on me those days. Then after a few years, I began to feel petty and got sick of the self pity. So now, I get a token gift for him for the kids (until they can earn their own money to get something for him themselves) and have decided my gift is that I get the daily love and affection and stuff from my daughters. Sure you have the bad things that go with custody, but in the long run, they will know who it was that was truly THERE for them. That is the best gift of all, in my opinion.

Taylor will know who is the real "parent" and it doesn't take long to see through the "good time dad" thing. Mine are 7, 11 and 19 and even the little one knows the difference.

~K~

Drama Queen Christine said...

You're right. It's just really hard when your life is 24-7 obligations with no 'down time' or 'fun' and you feel completely unappreciated.

Unknown said...

Mothers day sucks. I feel it too. I always get skipped over because I'm not a "real mom" even though I've raised them completely for the last 6 years. But I didn't give birth to them, so I'm not a mom.

I joined your site and tried to win a few, but lost and got frustrated. I'll try again though. Happy Mothers day C. You deserve much more than you're getting.

Drama Queen Christine said...

Thanks Virginia. I don't know if I deserve more, but I know I am really sick and tired of being so depressed.

Unknown said...

You absolutely deserve more. You are literally killing yourself for your daughter. Through all of this, she has been the one constant that you mention as your driving force. You deserve so much.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the villain and California Girl is the good guy and we're still happily married. Life gets like that sometimes. Kids interact at different levels with each parent and it's hard to always present a combined front.

I'm sure Taylor appreciates everything that you do. Even if they don't say much, kids are very perceptive.

BTW: Shouldn't you have Taylor on Mother's day weekend anyway?