banner

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Wow!

Just...wow.

I didn't expect my day to turn around. I was cranky and feeling low.

Mark convinced me to come out to a restaurant grand opening - champagne, a fine meal and a nice guy. It was a working date for him...the new restaurant is a client and being there was a social/professional obligation.

Brad said I should go. He watched Taylor while I did...

I went.

Wow...

If Mark was fun at darts a few weeks ago, he impressed the hell out of me tonight. Dressed in his business casual best he was looking pretty damned sexy and was an unbelievable date. Held my chair, ordered the best of the best and treated me like...well, like I deserved to be treated all along.

At the end of the night...a kiss that has me still smiling hours later. Feeling him holding me close as he kissed me and feeling definite hard evidence that he was really into me as well (if you get my drift).

It turned out to be a great night.

I am seeing him again on Friday. Technically our 3rd date. From what I hear on Sex & the City - that's the "big" date. Taylor is with Brad overnight.

I'm thinking...well, I'm thinking if he's a great kisser....hmmm.

I think you know what I am thinking...

I like him :) I'm still NOT settling into ANY new relationship...but is it too soon to like someone? Is it too soon to go that far? If it makes me feel this good (translation: this much better)...if it makes me smile for the first time in so long...is it wrong?

What is the appropriate mourning period after a broken heart?

For Jeff, none at all. But Jeff's an ass hat.

Is this wrong for me? Too fast? It's been 30 days since Jeff and I split. Actually...34 days and 4 minutes.

Wrong?

It better not be...because with any luck, I'm going to be breaking another first "post-Jeff" thing come Friday.

And if a kiss made me smile for all these hours....Friday should buy me several days of smiles.

Goodbye, Jeff! The last sacred thing I held for you is off the table.

It's not Mark, it's not Brad, it's not any man - but I think my eyes are opening to Jeff. I think I am getting over him...he treated me like shit.

I'm healing.

Goodbye, Jeff! Seeya! Sayonara! Asta la vista!

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mourn until one day you realize that you feel fine and are mourning out of habit. Until then, approach all men with extreme caution.