banner

Monday, January 15, 2007

Blogging Without Holding Back

I've considered posting a number of times today, but I'm cranky and I wondered if I wouldn't just post a bitchy diatribe and feel worse for it.

Additionally, I have trolls.

When I changed blogs, I didn't let very many people know where to find me. A few of you were told, but I kept it pretty quiet. I don't have blog links in my sidebar and I don't look for increased traffic. Thus, my readership is small (fine by me!) and I still have two trolls. Judging by ISPs and referral links, I know one is Dawn. The other I think I know who it is - and if it's who I think it is I am amazed this person is still reading.

So, after much consideration and the realization that I am finding myself holding back on posting in my diary, I weighed 2 options. A private journal for my eyes only or a password protected blog that only allows those I give permissions to read.

Since I do actually value input, advice and even criticism (when it's constructive and not simply a vague personal attack) - I would prefer to give permissions.

So, I am officially planning to switch this blog to a permissions-only blog. You will need to log in with a blogger id and have my permission to read. If you want access, email me at dramaqueenchristine@gmail.com. By the end of the month, latest, I will make the switch.

Moving on...

There are certain things I know about myself. I know, for example, that I am not a patient person. I throw myself wholeheartedly into things and expect to see almost immediate results. So, after 1 week, I am frustrated that my 2nd job has not made a major dent in fixing my life. I don't quit things easily, though, so I am going to keep fighting.

I'm sore - my back, my arms and my legs all hurt (won't I be in great shape?) and though I feel rested, my cold is still plaguing me.

I gave Lance the message that my focus remains on my move and my work at the moment. He's disappointed and I expect to hear from him less and less.

Roger isn't shakable at the moment. Being the best friend of my sister's fiancee means he's already met my family and they love him. Nevermind that he's STILL not my type - he's there whether I like it or not. He really is sweet. When he took me to dinner late Saturday night, he admitted to being nervous as hell and I laughed. I can't imagine a guy being nervous to take ME out to dinner. We went to Hard Rock and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe...and lo and behold we ran into my father. Dad knew we were going there and made it a point to call me to ask where I was. I told him I already knew that he knew exactly where I was and he laughed and asked us to stop and say hi. Later he told my sister how much he likes Roger. That figures.

Still, my focus remains on Taylor and I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad that you have to make your blog password protected. It sucks that a few people have to make things more difficult fore everybody. I guess that they figured that there was no harm by not honoring your wishes. I wish there was a foolproof way of banning IP addresses.

Roger may not be your type but there's nothing wrong with a nice guy buying you dinner. It could be worse. He seems genuinely nice but, there are a lot of jerks in disguise in the world.