banner

Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Day Ending in 'Y'

I've lost complete track of time. It took a calendar to tell me that it was Thursday and I'm still not 100% sure of the date.

And that's ok.

I found a townhouse I am interested in. I have NO idea if I can get an approval, but I may have solved the rental history issue. My landlady needs some work done on the old house that happens to be exactly what my family business is. I can get it done for free if she'll fib for me and swear I was the best tenant ever.

My fingers are crossed. The townhouse would be right back where I lived - but in a different community than Jeff lives in (I expect him to move anyway). Near Taylor's old friends, her school, my jobs (yes, plural. I'll be working 2 jobs for the rest of my life at this rate).

New topic.

Roger called me again last night and left a sad, discouraged sounding message that made me feel guilty. He was disappointed that I had never called him back and told me to take care of myself. I was at work, so I smacked my sister around a bit more for her role in the whole mess and told her I would call him back, but that I needed to tell him why I was annoyed with him. She caved and I called. She just wants me to ask Roger not to tell James (my sister's fiancee) that she opened her big mouth (Oy...tangled webs)

I called on my way home from work at 10:30 pm and got his voice mail and left a detailed message. I told him I was offended and that my feelings were hurt (not really) over it. I told him I was in a "Man Hater" place in my life and that the only reason I'd slept with him was because he was nice and seemed to be really, really into me (literally, I suppose) and I was hurt to realize it had been a 'bet'. I got home and he called back. It was late and I wasn't in the mood so I let it go to voicemail and he apologized and asked me to please call him back the next day and that it wasn't like I thought it was and he wanted a chance to explain.

Eh. We'll see.

Lance...what is it with men proposing to me so fast? Jeff asked me to mary him in November before we had even moved in together and I told him "No, ask me when we are both divorced". (Actually, my first response was "Holy Shit")

I swear, I just got this IM from Lance...

[09:59] lance: I have an idea......
[10:00] lance: over the next few months lets fall madly in love with each other, allow me to form a relationship with Taylor, we move in together towwards the end of the year, get married and have babies
[10:02] christine: Gee, I'll have to consult my schedule again...

Yeeeeeaaaaa. So, Lance is going to have to go. Too bad, he was nice. He's asking if I want a spa day for my birthday. My conscience tells me to end it before he invests any money. Still, it did tug at my heart when he asked if Taylor might like it too.

Oy.

Well, my phone is ringing off the hook and I am still feeling yucky. Time to go do other things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a shame about Lance. I was hoping that he would wait patiently and slowly win your heart. But you seem to have a lot of other suiters. Hopefully, they will still be ther after you've gotten past your man-heater stage.

Drama Queen Christine said...

Eh....honestly, I don't care if they are there or not.