banner

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cry Me a River

Jeff tried to call me today and I didn't answer. I didn't want to talk to him.

I waited a bit, then text messaged him to ask what he needed.

He told me it's "not looking good" and that he hasn't been "paid". I asked what he was telling me this in regards to and he responded "paying you, paying rent, paying Dawn".

Hm. Really???

How about too fucking bad?

This man who spent MANY hundreds of dollars entertaining women over the past 3 months can't pay me, rent or his ex-wife? Before I moved out, I tallied up some of the receipts I was finding strewn on the bedroom floor on his side of the bed. He had no trouble taking Jill or women from the online personals he was meeting to Tarpon Bend or Mango's in Coral Gables for between $100 and $300 a pop several times a week. Or the City Cellar Wine Bar. Or the hotel room charges from where he took Jill to fuck her several times before I moved out. I'd say the total of money spent on women that I saw (not including what I did NOT see) totals well over what he owes rent, Dawn and me combined.

What a fucking crying shame...

Because I happen to know he's still blowing money on women.

Broke, huh?

Maybe - but not because of anything other than his own sense of fucked up priorities.

What about the money he just made selling a rare Pokemon card on ebay - one that may have come from Taylor's collection that I left there? I logged into ebay and was reviewing my own recent sales when I looked up his user ID and saw his recent sale of the card plus some of his ex's china. I am going through my list (I had started one because Taylor and I were listing some of the cards on ebay and I photographed about 50 of them) and if I find out it's one of hers, I will file a police report over it. If it's not Taylor's, I wonder where it did come from...because only Taylor and his kids collect the cards. Which kid did he steal the candy from? Mine or his own?

Perhaps quitting his job wasn't too bright. Taylor says he's sitting home every day when she gets home from school. Watching tv.

Meanwhile, I have had walking pneumonia since December 31st, am having 'other health issues directly related to him' and I'm working 6-7 days a week, 5 of which are 16 hour days - so cry me a fucking river over being broke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we have all made bad investments of time, money or love. I'm glad to see you have healed.