banner

Monday, January 8, 2007

Til Death Do Us Part?

Jeff used to tell me we'd be together until one of us died. He told me if I left him, he'd kill me (then he'd laugh at how funny he was).

I'm beginning to wonder if it will take his death to get him to stop fucking up my life.

I'm in the process of apartment hunting. I emailed my former landlady to let her know they will be calling her for a reference. She promised me a positive reference when I first moved out. Now??? Now, she let me know my name is still on the lease and that Jeff is behind 2 months rent plus late fees and has not communicated with her at all. She's about to prepare to evict him.

Perfect. $20 says he moves in with Jill and her 4 kids so he can begin fucking up her life just like he has fucked up everyone else's lives that have been stupid enough to date him or marry him. (Some more than others)

There goes my reference. The lease was done on his credit, so it'll only be reported on his credit report but I can no longer get a positive reference.

Further, all of MY furniture is in that house. Not one stick of furniture in that house except a TV, a mattress and a desk belongs to Jeff. So, now, instead of looking at apartments - I am going to look at storage units. Jeff can live in an empty house because I'm not taking a chance on losing all of my stuff. Even the bunkbeds that his kids sleep on were given to us by my friend Tammy and she hates him enough that she asked for them back and I convinced her to leave them there.

We broke up 2 months ago tomorrow. He still manages to cause problems even now...

I work tonight - last night of training! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why don't you just have a friend pretend to be your former landlord? it's worked for me before

Amanda said...

Dang. For some reason I had the impression you'd purchased that home back when you blogged about how happy you were to move in. Here I was, hoping that maybe you'd get some money out of the deal if you were able to sell it (or if Jeff bought out your half). I am so sorry - I tell you - sometimes guys are like the "gift" that just keeps giving.