banner

Monday, January 8, 2007

Things I Think and Don't Tell People

Lance: Easy there, you sneaky Kiwi. Yes, you are a delight to talk to and I am finding that each time I speak to you I am smiling but it's slowly dawning on me that I am talking to you a lot. Daily. Several times a day. I am the first person you IM in the morning and the last at night. I am the one you call after something good or bad happens and the one you chit-chat with through a day. Somehow, you got in under my radar, but I am noticing it. I still like talking to you, but no man is going to be a constant presence in my life right now. Last night, when you called drunk and left me a message, you called me "baby girl" which made me chuckle but I am the little alarm bells are also warning me that you're determined. You're not the sort of guy to be a friend or a casual date. I think you're the sort who falls in love. (I'm not). Tread lightly. I like you. If you were to move very, very slowly you might keep sneaking around my defenses. One quick move and I will bolt like a scared rabbit. Just how patient are you?

Roger: Ok, I feel bad. You did a crummy thing and you do not even know that I know you did it. If it's true that you have a crush, then I feel bad. When we went to bed I thought it was just fun. I didn't expect to hear from you again. I have this feeling you are wondering why I didn't call back. You're nice. There's no chance of anything more with me. I have to see you all the time since you are a close friend of my sister and her fiancee. On the plus side, if I had a friend looking for a guy - I would totally hook you up you. You're cute, sexy, skilled in ways I was beginning to doubt existed!, and sweet. You're also blue collar all the way and live an hour north of me.

Jeff: I am learning to hate you after all. You haven't done anything new, but the things you did to me are unforgivable and now that the love I had for you is nearly dead I can see more clearly what kind of man you are. The kind I never want to see or speak to again. You are dead to me.

Dino: Surely you know I find you completely adorable? I won't even flirt because you're also married and I'm not going there, but you are a lot of fun to watch. And those drinks are killers...

Sam: So, you're the one? The one guy at the restaurant that is kinda cute and somehow gets every girl in bed? I hear the whispers and the drama. I'll admit you're a cute one. I'm going to keep clear of you. Sex with a co-worker that I have to see 4 nights a week is a bit too much like a relationship for me. Still...you are pleasant to watch when working...

Jeff (Bartender): Sorry, hon. I hate you simply because of the name. You'll think I'm just a bitch, I'm sure, but everytime I hear someone say your name I want to throw knives. I'm sure you're very nice.

Brad: Keep the walls up. And...thank you. Thank you for everything...

Steve: Sorry. You were very nice, but pushy! Yes, you should just give up. I'm not the girl for you.

Brian: I'm sorry to you too. See Steve's note above. You were less pushy, but too sweet.

Taylor: I'm sorry I brought him into your life. I'm sorry you had to watch him tear me apart. I'm sorry you were another of his victims. I'm going to fix it all. Just know how much I miss you when I work those 16-18 hour days. Know that it's for us. No one will ever take anything away from us again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are sounding better and better everyday. You can heal much faster when you get the distance from the person.

Chel

Drama Queen Christine said...

I Agree!!!!