banner

Monday, February 26, 2007

The Day

Taylor is stressed about the FCAT testing at school. Every year the schools tell the kids how they can not be promoted to the next grade if they fail and every year my daughter tosses and turns and chews her nails and breaks into cold sweats of fear - even though she's never gotten less than an A on the tests and once scored a 'perfect score'. Poor kid.

My application is in for the house I toured yesterday. It already seems like a year ago. It's a gated community with a community pool and gym and playground and oddly, it's a neighbor community to my father's. He would always be 1 minute away from me. Scary thought.

It's a 1 story, which I usually hate and has no garage which I was not happy about but it had charm. It's a 1 story unitt tucked into a corner between two 2-story units and it's almost hidden. The rooms are spacious and airy and I felt at peace when I walked it. I really liked it.

My realtor just called me and told me it's looking "really good". I should have an answer today. If I get a yes, I may have to pick up a few more shifts because I have to cough up a surprise association approval fee. It's not much, but I would like a few extra dollars to dress the place up a bit when I move. Last night was awful and I earned no money - so a "yes" might just have me trying to pick up a shift. (Servers are notorious for easily giving shifts away!)

My fingers are crossed.

A "yes" will also mean packing my stuff up from Jeff's place.

And probably seeing him. Which will be weird since he's single and apparently very "horny" according to his sex-site profile. We had a civil email exchange yesterday and I feel less stressed about him in general.

Okay - once again - wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huge SUVs don't fit into a lot of garages anyway. And even if they do, they don't leave a lot of room for much if anything else.

Things may actually start to get weird once he realizes you are moving all of your stuff out and he'll be living in an almost bare house. Will Brad help you pack, or just do some of the heavy lifting once everything is ready.

Drama Queen Christine said...

Actually - believe it or not - Jeff and I are being very civil right now...

Brad will help me move, I will pack alone. Jeff said he'll try not to be there when I am.