banner

Friday, February 16, 2007

A Bitter Song

First of all....Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww

My body hurts like hell. My back is sore and swollen, my legs and thighs hurt and I am exhausted.

I figured out the following:

  • I work 6 days a week
  • At least 5 of them are 16 hour days
  • When I am "off" I play single mother and do things with my daughter no matter how tired I am
  • I average 4-5 hours sleep a night
  • I eat the equivalent of 2 days worth of full meals per week

Owwwwwwww

Grey's Anatomy was great last night, but it set me off and got me crying. At one point, contemplating a "Jane Doe" patient, Dr. Addison asks if she disappeared, would anyone notice?

And I asked myself the same question.

Later, when Dr. Meredith Grey was lying "dead" in the OR the entire staff was surrounding her - teary eyed doctors working on her, the man who loved her crouched in the corridor crying, her friends standing outside the doors in tears...

I wondered...if it was me - if I was lying in a hospital OR dying...who would be there?

These weren't good thoughts. The answers were awful too. No one. No one would be there.

If I was on the verge of death, who would be there?

Depressing thoughts sent me to bed.

A Bitter Song by Butterfly Boucher

All I need is a bitter song
To make me...better
Much better
All I need to write is a bitter song
To make me better
Much better

It found me
To hold me
But I don't like it at all

Won't feed it
Won't grow it
It's folded in my stomach
It's not fair
I found love
It made me say that
Get Back

You'll never see day light
If I'm not strong it just might

All I need is a bitter song
To make me better
Much better

All I need to write is a bitter song
To make me better

I feel better
I feel better

2 comments:

perdido said...

your sister, your other family, brad, taylor and friends - I think

Anonymous said...

Your Sister, Taylor, and Brad would all be there for sure. You may go to bed alone at night because you have decided that you aren't ready for another relationship yet; but that doesn't mean that those who truly love and care about you would desert you when you need them.