banner

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Survival

Well...

My body aches in indescribable ways and I am physically exhausted but I survived the day of hearts & flowers without shedding a tear.

I worked my ass off. I earned $180 in 4 1/2 hours.

I remain on target for my goals. In fact, if I find a townhouse I like on Saturday when we tour them with my realtor, I will be prepared to put down a deposit without batting an eye. My bank account is growing bigger every day. I deposit my paychecks and child support and I stash all of my tips (save for a few small bills for gas, tolls and Taylor) in an envelope to deposit every weekend.

After this weekend, I think things will start moving faster. I will decide on a place out of 5 I am touring. I will get the approval and once I have a "go" I will need to begin packing...

Which, unfortunately means I will be spending some time at the Weston house packing boxes of all of my belongings. It will be interesting to see how Jeff copes with no dishes, silverware, glasses, utensils, pots, pans, towels, etc. I refuse to leave so much as a plastic fork behind - it all goes...

I just need to get it done without having to ever see him. But I plan to have everything packed up so that on moving day things go fast and smooth.

I can't wait...my space. My own space. My own room. AIR-CONDITIONING!!! (My stepfather has poor circulation and keeps this place at 80 degrees or higher and I can't sleep without a/c)

I will take off the entire weekend to move and spend it putting things away, soaking in my own tub and cooking.

Ahhhh, cooking.

I. Can. Not. Wait.

Coming home after work, sinking into a tub of bubbles - slipping into my bedroom. Reading in bed with a light on past 9 pm.

Luxury....

All mine.

I can't wait.

I still know exactly which of the 5 I want to move into. The same one from the start. A perfect townhouse just ready for us to slip into...

Home...

My heart is already there...

I actually got one real Valentine's wish today. Roger called me and left me a voicemail (I didn't answer) wishing me a Happy VDay. It was sweet. For just a moment I was really grateful to him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When in March are you thinking about moving? Can you start counting down the days yet? 23, 30, 37? I would just make absolutely certain to get all of your stuff. Possession is 9/10ths of ownership and you don't need to be contacting Jeff about getting the rest of your stuff one you are in the new place. Once you're out, I'd send his current girlfriend an e-mail or two just so she doesn't move in and supply him with more household stuff.