banner

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Far Away

I've heard this song a million times and never gave it much thought...

Tonight, I heard it and thought of someone special.

I don't know what that means - or if it even matters whether or not it means anything at all.

I had a good night. I didn't quite sparkle, but I did shine just a bit. I think I nearly had a date with my final table - a good looking businessman with his parents. But alas, he worked in Atlanta and I'm just a South Florida girl.

The table before him was two men from the Bahamas - they asked me out too.

I came home still single and without a date. I'm not quite ready to date, but I probably would have enjoyed more time with the businessman.

Still, for tonight it only brought me damned good tips.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may not quite be there yet but you need to get out just by yourself with no friends, sister, etc. I think you would be surprised how popular you are.

Drama Queen Christine said...

Sure...in all that free time I have? LOL.

No thanks. Last time I went out alone I had to literally wrestle my arm free from an amorous, aggressive drunk man at 4 am and run to my car.

Anonymous said...

I am always very respectful of women when I am out and about but I'm not naive enough to think that all me are the same way. Still, I have noticed that men interact differently with women in small groups or alone than they do when there is a large group of people.