banner

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Here We Go Again

Drama was high last night - my sister was working my shift (I worked hers on Monday) and felt sick and stormed out of the restaurant to go to the ER. She was diagnosed with an ulcer at around 5 am.

Meanwhile, Taylor and I were touring houses again and it looks like we may have found something. A really sweet and unusual tri-level townhouse. The first floor has a garage, the laundry room, a bedroom or office or den and a full bathroom with a shower only. The second floor has an adorable kitchen, dining room and living room. The third floor has two bedrooms and two full bathrooms.

Tri-level townhouses are unusual in South Florida and we viewed two of them. The first had spectacular golf course views and an enclosed garage to form a 4th room- but the second had a LOT of upgrades inside - new applicances, new carpet, beautiful tile...

We're applying for the second one and if it falls through, we'll try the first. Once again, I need luck!

I return to work tonight and work the next three nights. Saturday will find me off by request to spend the day at the annual Rennaissance festival with Brad and Taylor.

I'm not going to get my hopes up over the house because I don't want that stress again. I'm just going to let whatever will happen be. I can easily imagine us in our charming walk-up and I'm ready to either move or find another one. Eventually something has to stick for me! I'd like it to be one of these two, but if not...the search continues.

I've made a new resolution to avoid a certain topic whenever possible. The sooner I can get accustomed to putting certain tragedies out of my mind, the better.

2 comments:

perdido said...

The last paragraph sounds like an excellent idea.

I'm rooting for you.

Anonymous said...

Just keep on sacking away money. It won't necessarily help you get the place that you want but it always comes in handy once you're in.

Enjoy the Renaissance Festival this weekend. Isn't it an annual tradition for you? I hope it helps you forget about life for awhile. A great Saturday would make things brighter for many days to come. And then you can start looking for the next fun thing to do.