banner

Friday, February 2, 2007

It's Friday?

With the exception of a paycheck, I wouldn't even notice that it's Friday. My days tend to blur together lately.

My mood is dangerously neutral. Still feeling the powerful hate for Jeff. Not sad, but not happy. Not wanting to be bothered by anyone, but missing "someone" all the same.

I am expecting a good night at work. My sister and I are working the patio together which means we have more tables, all outside, and no sidework. We work together and pretty much have the section and the night to ourselves. If we can stay busy (c'mon weather!) than we can make decent money.

I think I will set myself a little game...

My goal is to take home no less than $90. If I leave with over $100, I'll go out after work for a bit. By myself - or with my sister, either one, and just treat myself to a drink.

Even if it's just one drink.

Even if it's just 15 minutes.

I'll go somewhere and sit and sip my drink and try not to be the saddest girl to ever hold a martini.

I may not talk to anyone.

I probably won't dance.

I'll most likely leave after my 15 minutes is up.

But for exactly 15 minutes I will be just another girl in a bar on a Friday night.

If I leave with over $100.

Otherwise, it's home for me.

What are the odds that in those magical 15 minutes, something could happen to change my night? My weekend? My overall outlook?

Slim to none. But for 15 minutes I will be there.

If the $100+ is in my pocket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that the $100 will be in your pocket. And thinking positively, I hope that you do have a magical 15 minutes. The power of positive thinking is not limited just to work. Many things can be self-fulfilling prophecies, both positive and negative. Your luck IS going to change; if not today then sometime soon.