banner

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Paula Abdul Theory

If there is any truth at all to Paula Abdul's repeated claims that she does not do recreational drugs or drink alcohol to the point of inebriation (and I'm not sure I believe her) then I have an alternative theory.

She should be tested for Huntington's Chorea.

My former stepmother (my half-sister's mother) has it and it began around the same age to display symptoms not unlike Abdul's.

12 years later she is in a nursing home requiring full time care. It's terminal. One day she will forget to breathe or swallow. She experiences dementia and is prone to violence.

When it began she had the same spacey behavior.

I am not an Abdul fan, but I just read the article at http://www.southflorida.com/news/sns-ap-people-paula-abdul,0,7959940.story?coll=sfla-entertainment-headlines and felt a need to post my theory.

One day, if it proves true I can point back and say I told ya so.

Otherwise, she's hitting those arthritis drugs too hard. Still, it's part of what makes watching Idol so much fun.

No comments: