banner

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Uncle

Uncle! Mercy! Sanctuary!

Whatever cry for help you need to hear, I will shout out. Just make it stop!

I'm weary. I really do try to be strong, but enough is enough.

From the moment I wake up until I finally fall asleep, my life is 24-7 dealing with the consequences of having ever met Jeff. The cot I sleep on. The tiny room I share. The 1 hour communte round trip to get my daughter to her 'old' school. The second job. Even the weight loss.

There is never a moment of peace. Never time to curl up with a book, lie on a beach or just be happy. The few hours of free time I have are owed to my daughter and I just miss having any sort of life of my own.

I want to meet someone, but it's impossible. Mr. Perfect could show up at the door and I don't have a free second for him.

The hottest guy I have seen with an awesome personality gave me his phone number and I don't even have time to call him unless he wants to wait up until nearly midnight for a 5 minute chat.

It's pointless. He'd only ask me out and when would I go?

Meanwhile Jeff is quite happy. How is that fair? It just kills me not to see him suffer.

I'm not blameless, but my god - haven't I been punished enough???

My only hope is to win the lottery tonight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry bout Jeff. He will always be happy so long as he has another victim to suck the life out of. But you can do something to change your luck. Just call the gentleman. He could be waiting up patiently for your call. Remember, you never know unless you ask. Keep on keeping your head up, Chriustine.

perdido said...

How do you know he's happy? Even if he seems to be, is he really? I doubt it - the constant worrying he has to do to keep up with all of his lies is at least one reason. People like that are never happy.

Also, something I'm a little confused about - does you daughter go to his house after school every day?

Drama Queen Christine said...

It's the bottles of wine Taylor says she always finds around his house. It's the fact that he has a girlfriend when he doesn't deserve to be cared about. It's the way his life just goes on and his needs are met while I fight for everything.

Taylor goes to his house (OUR house) after school everyday because I can't get to her until 5:30. He's not home, he's at work. The bus drops her off at home and she does her homework. She doesn't like being there, so she almost always spends that time at her friends house (the mother is a saint). She's actually rarely there except to grab her bike.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about Jeff, he will get his in due time that type of behavior always catches up with people. Ya, just don't want to be standing next to him when the other shoe drops.

Drama Queen Christine said...

Au contraire, I am praying for a front row seat.